Food fans in Minnesota are lucky – St. Paul Restaurants are some of the best in the country! Whether you’re looking for a quick bite to eat in between activities during your getaways, a romantic spot to savor a great meal for special occasions, or just a fabulous meal out with friends or family, St. Paul restaurants certainly won’t disappoint. There’s incredible diversity to be found here, too – not to mention in neighboring Minneapolis!
With an incredible range of ethnic specialties, fine dining establishments, and popular food markets, it’s never been easier to find great food in the Twin Cities. There are also plenty of defining dishes that you can (or at least should) only enjoy here. It’s never been more fun to eat your way around a city – but, of course, while you’re here, you’re going to need a relaxing and welcoming place to stay in St. Paul.
For unique lodging in St. Paul that is high quality, interesting, and welcoming, turn to the Minnesota Bed and Breakfast Association – and small but dedicated organization of some of the best Bed and Breakfasts in Minnesota. There are independent Inns all over the state, including a fantastic St. Paul Bed and Breakfast that places you right in the heart of the city’s historic district.
There’s never been a better time to explore the vibrant, beautiful state of Minnesota. Partner with our Inns throughout 2023, and experience this state like never before. Book a room at one of our Bed and Breakfasts in Minnesota today.
The Best St. Paul Restaurants for 2023
No matter what your cravings consist of, be it Hmong specialties or a classic Juicy Lucy burger, you can find it in the Twin Cities. St. Paul restaurants have been steadily growing in recent years, and have turned the city into a burgeoning food-lover destination. Add newcomers like the Market at Malcolm Yards, and there’s little top St. Paul restaurants can’t do.
As the second largest city in Minnesota, it’s easy to see why St. Paul restaurants are at the epicenter of the state’s food culture. 2023 promises plenty of tantalizing bites and fun dinners out. Below, you’ll find our list of the best St. Paul restaurants to try in 2023 – all, of course, while you’re staying at our amazing bed and breakfasts in Minnesota.
- Meritage, found at the heart of the city, is one of the best St. Paul Restaurants worth trying in 2023. This elegant space is one of the most romantic restaurants in St. Paul, and a wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion, with sensational cocktails and inspired Parisian-influenced cuisine.
- If you’re looking for highly seasonal menus and elevated bar food, you can’t go wrong with Brunson’s Pub. It’s especially nice when it’s warm enough outside for outdoor dining!
- For a rustic yet somehow refined menu that changes often, head to Myriel in Highland Park. It’s another great choice among St. Paul restaurants for fine dining, and whatever you do, don’t leave without dessert and a Scandinavian egg coffee.
- If you’re a fan of Iron Chef America, then don’t miss stopping at the Handsome Hog, owned by show-winning Chef Jason Sutherland. This is one of the only St. Paul restaurants that serves up to-die-for southern cuisine – an usual thing this far north! Meat coming out of the smoker here are particularly delicious.
- If you’ve yet to introduce your tastebuds to the delights of Cambodian food, then give Cheng Heng Restaurant a try. It’s one of the many great St. Paul restaurants in the Frogtown neighborhood and has won a variety of awards for its delicious cuisine. The Kor Koo Noodle Soup is a popular item to order.
- Another Frogtown go-to is Demera Ethiopian Restaurant. Though there’s plenty of meat on the menu, this also happens to be one of the best St. Paul restaurants for vegetarians, thanks to hearty dishes like misir key wot, packed with red lentils.
- Though the biscuits at Hot Hands Pie & Biscuit are indeed delicious, so too are the broad range of pies – which include plenty of savory and sweet options.
- If you’re looking for a classic among St. Paul restaurants, Cecil’s Deli, the oldest Jewish Delicatessen in town, will not disappoint. It’s been a food staple since 1949, and the perfect place to grab specialties like matzo ball soup, latkes, sandwiches, and more.
- For an intimate wine bar and restaurant, perfect for a romantic evening out, head to Joan’s in the Park. The cuisine is New American, and there’s a four-course set menu for those who love to be treated to a special experience.
- Finally, another upscale option among St. Paul Restaurants is W.A. Frost and Company. The interior is hip, trendy, and romantic, and the food is positively delicious, with a variety of contemporary American offerings.
Don’t Miss the Market at Malcolm Yards
Though all of the St. Paul restaurants listed above offer a great place to enjoy a quality meal in the Twin Cities, food markets are also having a moment around the world. There are a few great food markets in the Twin Cities, but one of our favorites is the Market at Malcolm Yards. It’s located on the outskirts of St. Paul and not too far from downtown Minneapolis – so it’s convenient for those enjoying a day in the Twin Cities.
The Market at Malcolm Yards is located in St. Paul’s Prospect neighborhood, inside a formerly derelict industrial space that once housed the historic Harris Machinery Building, and is located across from the iconic United Crushers grain silos. Thanks to the city’s burgeoning redevelopment, this space has been revitalized and has brought new life to the community. It opened in July 2021 and has since become a great space for not just food and drink but for community gatherings and enjoyment as well.
Food vendors inside the Market at Malcolm Yards include everything from Asian cuisine to vegan specialties, with plenty of great drink options as well, including their popular self-pour tap wall. If you’re in town and looking for a quick place to grab a delicious bite to eat – particularly if you have a range of palettes and preferences with you, the Market at Malcolm Yards is a great option!
Regardless of what brings you to the Twin Cities, we hope you enjoy a few fantastic meals at these top St. Paul restaurants. The year is just beginning, and it’s a great time to start planning your upcoming adventures. Book a room at one of the best Bed and Breakfasts in Minnesota today!