We love talking about Duluth breweries and sharing our incredible craft beer scene with our guests. There’s a lot of things to do in Duluth this summer, including hiking, biking, boating, and so much more. Once you’re done with your adventure, though, Duluth breweries offer you the perfect place in which to relax and unwind before heading out to dinner and then back to your local accommodations for the night.
Most Duluth breweries are located within the downtown core, which means they are easily accessible from both of our wonderful Bed and Breakfasts in Duluth MN. Whether you feel like sleeping next to the lapping waves of Lake Superior at Solglimt Bed and Breakfast, or whether you’d rather relax in upscale comfort at the AG Thomson House Bed and Breakfast, our incredible Inns offer an incomparable lodging experience in the heart of Duluth.
Discover the Best Duluth Breweries This Summer
Minnesota has long been recognized for its beer culture, which is certainly a prominent fixture in Duluth. In truth, Duluth is considered the Craft Brew capital of Minnesota, thanks in large part to the incredible Duluth breweries that have planted their roots in this community. Duluth breweries do a wonderful job of utilizing natural resources, including the most important one – fresh water from the impeccably clean Lake Superior.
The result of this dedication to ingredients is craft brews that are big of flavor and individually, and a town that is perfect for beer aficionados! If you really want to get a taste of Duluth breweries while you’re here, consider sampling your way through the official Beer Trail. Here are 10 of our favorite Duluth breweries (including a few outside of Duluth) for you to try next time you visit:
- Fitgers Brewhouse is a staple in Duluth, and, with a storied history, is the oldest of Duluth’s breweries. It’s an icon among Duluth breweries, and today their operation produces more than 100 different varieties of beer every year.
- Bent Paddle Brewing joined the craft beer scene in Duluth in 2013 and has only grown in popularity. The Bent Tap, their official taproom, is worth the visit.
- Lake Superior Brewing Company is Lake Superior’s oldest microbrewery and a wonderful place to spend a summer afternoon sampling some of Duluth’s best beer.
- Canal Park Brewery offers delicious beer and extraordinary views of Lake Superior. It’s hard to beat on a warm summer day!
- Blacklist Brewing Co. has become a local “it spot,” and is definitely one of our favorite Duluth breweries. The beer is great, of course, but they also are the only place in Duluth to offer Axe-Throwing.
- Hoops Brewing is one of the newest Duluth breweries. Their Canal Park taproom has the second-largest selection of beer in the state of Minnesota.
- Find a pint of “comfort beer” at Ursa Minor Brewery, which has grown into a wonderful fixture in the craft beer and broader Duluth communities over its years in business.
- Thirsty Pagan Brewing isn’t in Duluth. Rather, it’s in nearby Superior. They feature a wonderful range of sour beers, making it one stop that is definitely worth the visit.
- Castle Danger Brewery is in Two Harbors and is well known for its classic Cream Ale, which has earned itself a huge following all over Minnesota. Not only that but their taproom is situated right on the shores of the Lake, too, which means it’s the perfect place to enjoy a summer’s day.
- Earth Rider Brewery has two different locations; one in Superior, and the other in Two Harbors.
Cideries, Distilleries, and More
- We can’t talk about Duluth breweries without also mentioning Duluth Cider. It was recently named one of the top 3 cideries in the state, and is an excellent addition to any tasting adventure in the Duluth area.
- Another delicious cidery, located in Duluth’s Lincoln Park Craft neighborhood, is Wild State Cider.
- Last but certainly not least is Vikre Distillery. Though they produce a different range of alcoholic beverages, the craft spirits made here are absolutely worthy of your attention. They are made using foraged and wild botanicals from the Northwoods and local grains.
Beautiful Lodging in Duluth
There’s a lot to love about Duluth, and these wonderful Duluth breweries are just the beginning! Whatever you choose to do, there’s nothing but fun and adventure waiting for you here in Duluth – and maybe a bit of rest and relaxation, too!
Embrace a life of luxury at the A.G. Thomson House, situated in the historic Congdon Mansion District of Duluth and just minutes from downtown. Grace and elegance are imbued into everything we do here at our Bed and Breakfast in Duluth, starting with our gourmet breakfasts, which are thoughtfully prepared for you each morning of your stay, and ending with our 7 uniquely appointed guest rooms and exceptionally warm and welcoming hospitality.
For a unique experience along the sparkling shores of Lake Superior itself, considering booking a room at Solglimt Lakeshore Bed and Breakfast. From here, you’ll enjoy views of Lake Superior and the iconic Aerial Lift Bridge, and you’ll be within walking distance of Duluth’s Park Point and Canal Park Neighborhood. With cozy guest rooms and a hearty and delicious breakfast, you’ll want for nothing during your time at this waterfront gem.
Duluth’s Top Rated Bed and Breakfasts
A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast
Solglimt Lakeshore Bed and Breakfast