For those of us in Minnesota, these warm summer months provide us the perfect excuse to get outside and take advantage of the warm, beautiful weather. Minnehaha Falls near Minneapolis/St. Paul offers us exactly that opportunity and serves as something of an oasis not too far from the urban heart of Minnesota. So, this summer, when you find yourself looking for unique and beautiful places to explore and cool off, don’t overlook Minnehaha Falls, located at Minnehaha Regional Park.
In order to adequately explore all of the great things to do in Minneapolis and St. Paul, you’ll need at least a couple of days. Between exploring the city’s great parks, paddling in Chain of Lakes Regional Park, visiting local breweries, and discovering a thriving arts and culture scene, it’s unlikely you’ll run out of things to do in Minneapolis and St. Paul. While you’re here, our collection of Minnesota Bed and Breakfasts would love to serve as your host and offer you the finest in service and hospitality. Book your room with us today!
Discover Minnehaha Falls in Minneapolis
Though we often refer to Minnesota’s metro area as the “twin cities” of Minneapolis and St. Paul, each city is actually uniquely different. Minneapolis, for example, is much more modern, while St. Paul boasts plenty of narrow streets and old Victorian homes. Minnehaha Falls, located in Minnehaha Regional Park, is actually in Minneapolis.
Minnehaha Regional Park is actually one of the oldest and most popular parks in Minneapolis, with more than 850,000 people visiting it every year. though the entire park is beautiful and worth visiting, the main attraction at the park is, of course, the 53-foot waterfall at the center of it, Minnehaha Falls. You can get up close and personal with the falls, too.
There are a trail and staircase that lead down into the gorge below the falls, where you can get a great view of the water cascading over. People love to cool off here during the summer, too. There’s also a sandy beach at the confluence of Minnehaha Creek and the Mississippi River, which is really popular during the summer. If you don’t want to go down to the water, there are park benches on the upper gorge that allow for a nice and shady place to view Minnehaha Falls.
Other great features at Minnehaha Falls and Regional Park include disc golf courses, a dog park, a wading pool for kids, a bike path, sports courts, and more.
5 More Ways to Enjoy Minneapolis This Summer
There is so much fun to be had in Minnesota’s Metro Region this summer! Here are just a few more of our favorite ways to enjoy summer in Minnesota:
- Explore the Grand Rounds Scenic Byway, which actually starts at Minnehaha Regional Park. It’s an incredible 50-mile outdoor recreation loop in the Minneapolis area.
- Want a break for the city? Head to the Chain of Lakes Regional Park, where you’ll enjoy plenty of walking and biking trails, and many opportunities to get out on the water for a little paddling.
- Head to the St. Croix River Valley, and paddle along the Chisago Lakes Water Trail while visiting the quaint nearby communities of Lindstrom, Center City, Chisago City, Shafer, and Taylors Falls.
- While in Taylors Falls, visit the beautiful Interstate State Park, home to the famous Glacial Potholes area, and take a river cruise through this scenic area.
- Go wine tasting. There are a number of wonderful wineries in the metro region (and a few in southern Minnesota, too). Either that or cool off with a cool pint of craft beer at one of the city’s many breweries.
Where to Stay in Minneapolis
Though there are plenty of options for lodging in Minneapolis and St. Paul, there’s nothing quite like our collection of Minnesota Bed and Breakfasts. Our Innkeepers are dedicated not just to providing you with exceptional hospitality, but in ensuring you have a stay like no other. Truly, our Inns will become your home away from home.
Whether you’re just looking for a chance of pace and scenery, or are here to explore and have some fun this summer, there’s no better place to be than our Minnesota Bed and Breakfasts. From Minnehaha Falls to downtown Minneapolis, we know just where to send you to experience the best of Minneapolis/St. Paul. Browse our collection of Inns, and book your room today!