In a recent blog, we wrote about all of the wonderful places to go cross country skiing in Minnesota, but have you ever had the chance to attend the Cross Country Skiing World Cup? Probably Not! If you’re interested, keep reading. 2020 promises to be a great year for cross country skiers!
Truth be told, there are endless miles of cross country skiing and snowshoeing trails to enjoy in this incredible state. Minnesota is definitely a snow-lovers paradise. But, if you’re on the fence about visiting one of our Bed and Breakfasts in Minnesota this winter, we have the perfect event that might just spur you to action.
This March, Minnesota is going to be home to the Cross Country Skiing World Cup. It will be held in the Twin Cities area at Theodore Wirth Park. Though there are a lot of accommodations in the Twin Cities area, you shouldn’t settle for anything but the best. The best lodging in all of Minnesota, of course, is our wonderful Bed and Breakfasts, and we just so happen to have a number of them in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Find your favorite, and book your room with us today for this exciting winter event!
Cross Country Skiing World Cup in 2020
Cross country skiing has never been such an exciting sport as it promises to be this winter! The Cross County Skiing World Cup is a huge deal. Afterall, it’s the first time in almost 20 years that this incredible event has been held on American snow. Not only will the Cross Country Skiing World Cup be in America, it will be right here in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area at the beautiful Theodore Wirth Park.
The Cross Country Skiing World Cup will put winter in the Twin Cities on the map. The event is going to be held from March 14 – 17 and promises to be a fun and festive event. In addition to the Cross Country Skiing World Cup, the event will also feature a downhill “Snowball in Hell” SkiCross and BikeCross races, a Parallell 45 Cup race series for the country’s top junior, collegiate, and citizen racers, and, in true Minnesota style, a four-day block party complete with food trucks, beer tents, and live entertainment.
Other Fun Things to do in the Twin Cities This Winter
While you’re visiting us for the Cross Country Skiing World Cup, you might as well make the most of your trip to the Twin Cities, too. We have your definitive guide for how to make the most of your time in the Twin Cities this winter! Check out the fun list of things to do below:
- Go Ice Skating! While this might not sound that exciting, ice skating in Minneapolis/St. Paul can be exhilarating. There are some wonderful outdoor ice skating rinks around, but this is also the perfect opportunity to ice skate on a deeply frozen pond or lake–safety precautions taken, of course.
- We don’t think any winter trip to Minnesota is complete without a little ice fishing. There are a number of great lakes in the Twin Cities area to test out your skills.
- Check out the local beer scene! It’s the perfect way to warm up, and there are no shortage of great options. A few recommendations are Summit Brewery in St. Paul, Surly Brewery in Brooklyn Center, and Flat Earth Brewing Co. in St. Paul.
- There’s one activity that’s quintessentially Minnesota that we haven’t mentioned yet, and that’s hockey! Take in a hockey game while you’re in the Twin Cities, and enjoy this exciting sport.
- Spend an afternoon at the Minneapolis Institute of Art, a venue filled to the brim with extraordinary permanent and traveling works of art.
- See the Twin Cities’ famous Minnehaha Falls all iced-over for winter. This waterfall is a stunning 53-foot tall waterfall in Minnehaha Park, and it’s absolutely beautiful.
- Take in a performance at First Avenue in Minneapolis. It’s a legendary venue, once played by the likes of stars like Prince.
- Enjoy a Minneapolis favorite, the Juicy Lucy Burger. It’s a delicious burger with cheese in the middle of the meat. The burger was invented sometime in the 1950s by either the 5-8 Club or Matt’s Bar, both of which still hold something of a rivalry for who makes the best version.
- Shop til’ you drop at the Mall of America. It’s the biggest mall in the country and one of the largest in the world, and a must-do when you need to head indoors in Minneapolis.
Stay “Inn” at a Minnesota Bed and Breakfast
There is, of course, one more reason to come visit us in the Twin Cities area this winter as you head to the Cross Country Skiing World Cup. That’s your chance to stay at one of our extraordinary Bed and Breakfasts. Though the above activities are all delightful, we think one of the best reasons to head to the Twin Cities this winter is the chance to stay “Inn” at one of our Bed and Breakfasts and take the opportunity to snuggle up in front of a warm fire drinking hot toddies or hot chocolate.
What are you waiting for? Book a room at one of our Minnesota Bed and Breakfasts today!