If you’re looking for fun things to do in Minnesota this Fall, you’re in luck. October is a special month in Minnesota. The fall season itself doesn’t last very long, but it is vibrantly colored and filled with plenty of fun things to see and do. And October is at the heart of all of it. Visit one of our member Bed and Breakfasts this fall, where you’ll enjoy exceptional hospitality and incomparable local knowledge. Use our convenient search tool to find the property you want to visit, then book your getaway today!
10 Fun Things to do in Minnesota
This October is the perfect time to escape to one of our member Bed and Breakfasts to enjoy a few days of rest and relaxation. It’s perfectly acceptable to curl up and stay inside, indulging and pampering yourself. But when you’re ready to get out and experience all that is Minnesota this fall, here are 10 of our favorite things to do in Minnesota during the month of October.
- Visit an apple orchard. Minnesota is home to the Honeycrisp apples, and our orchards are the best places to pick fresh apples. Orchards to visit include Afton Apple Orchard in Hastings, Emma Krumbees in Belle Plaine, and Apple Jack Orchards in Delano.
- Take a scenic drive through Minnesota’s countryside. The Lake Mill Lacs Scenic Byway or the Great River Road National Scenic Byway are particularly beautiful in October.
- Explore the arts in Minnesota’s towns and cities. Minnesota is home to one of the most vibrant arts scenes in the country
- Sip on local flavors. Whether bee, wine, cider, or another local delicacy, there are plenty of craft beverages brewing around the state. Plan your “brewcation” today!
- Cheer on a local football or hockey team. Sports are year-round fun in Minnesota, and teams around the state are in full swing.
- Attend a harvest festival. They’re all over the state! Highlights of Minnesota’s festival season include the Applefest & Catapult Contest at Carlos Creek Winery in Alexandria, SeptOberfest in Wabasha, and Stillwater Harvest Fest’s giant pumpkin regatta.
- Discover the charming small towns of Minnesota’s Bluff region as you bike along the Root River State Trail, or head north to Walker Minnesota and hit the Heartland State Trail.
- Get adventurous, get outside, and enjoy October’s unbeatable display of fall colors. Though parts of northern Minnesota have already reached their peak colors, there is still much more to come in the central and southern parts of the state. Stay up to date with the latest happening at Minnesota’s Fall Color Tracker.
- Visit New Ulm, which touts itself as Minnesota’s most German town. Their Oktoberfest is a sight to behold! Other great Oktoberfest celebrations include those in Deerwood and Waconia.
- Carve out some time and plan your own adventure, starting from the cozy accommodations of a Minnesota Bed and Breakfast.
The Best Lodging in Minnesota
There’s little doubt that when it comes to lodging in Minnesota, nothing beats the comfort, amenities, and hospitality found at a Minnesota Bed and Breakfast. Whether you’re looking for Victorian mansions, cottages in the woods, lakeside castles, log homes, a former hospital or an urban escape, you can find it from our unique collection of Inns. Every day starts with a delicious, made-from-scratch breakfast, and every evening ends with warm hospitality and deep comfort.
Wherever you land, you will certainly enjoy a taste of “Minnesota Nice” hospitality coupled with unbeatable local knowledge, ensuring you enjoy the absolute best of everything in the area you’re visiting. Escape the tangles of modern life, and book your getaway to a Minnesota Bed and Breakfast this October!