Are you ready to see the best fall colors in Minnesota? Fall is truly one of the most beautiful times to visit a variety of destinations across the country, including Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire. Minnesota is also exceptionally beautiful each fall, as the fiery hues of autumn work their way from north to south, spreading like fire across the state. For Innkeepers at Minnesota Bed and Breakfasts, keeping an eye out for that breathtaking moment when fall colors reach their peak is something we look forward to every year. More importantly, we look forward to sharing this moment with our guests, helping to guide them as they head out in search of the Best Minnesota fall colors. Fall in Minnesota is unforgettable, but to see it in 2019 you need to act fast. Browse through our collection of Inns around the state, and book your fall getaway to a Minnesota Bed and Breakfast today.
Unforgettable Minnesota Fall Colors in 2019
From the very moment the cooler temperatures of fall start to even hint that they are on their way, leaf-peepers avidly follow the Minnesota DNR’s Fall Color Finder. Minnesota’s fall colors typically start in early September, and that’s proving to be true for 2019 as well. The peak of fall colors is usually sometime around the 2nd week of October, but that doesn’t mean that’s your only chance to enjoy this vibrant season. Whether hiking, biking, driving, or otherwise enjoying Minnesota, these are the best ways to see the fall colors in 2019
- Explore Minnesota has put together something they call the Rainbow Route. This incredible tool features 10 of the most beautiful scenic drives to take around the state of Minnesota. We couldn’t agree more with their first choice on the list, the North Shore Scenic Byway. It’s always a beautiful drive, but it is absolutely exceptional when the fall colors ring Lake Superior. The Apple Blossom Scenic Drive in Southeastern Minnesota is another great scenic drive during the fall.
- If you’re looking to immerse yourself in nature and love paddling around scenic waters, head to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. The end of September is usually a spectacularly colorful time to paddle around these waterways. The Sawtooth Mountains near Lutsen would be a great addition to this trip!
- Discover Lake Itasca and the headwaters of the Mississippi River near Leech Lake this fall. There are hundreds of miles of biking trails, including the Heartland State Trail, to explore in the area.
- Take a relaxing cruise along the St. Croix River or explore the nearby parks like Banning, Wild River, Interstate and William O’Brien state parks. The pine trees, red maples, and bright yellow to orange hues from sugar maple trees are nothing short of breathtaking.
- Climb the 100-foot observation tower at Millie Lacs Kathio State Park, and enjoy a birds-eye view of the fall colors below.
- Minnesota’s Chain of Lakes is a popular summer destination, but it’s also perfect for a fall getaway. The many lakes and parks in the area are beautiful at this time of year.
- Visit Wabasha Minnesota, home to Septoberfest; one of the best fall festivals of its kind in the state of Minnesota. It’s also a wonderful place to paddle the backwaters of the Mississippi River or hike along the river bluffs.
- If you’re a birdwatching enthusiast who wants to enjoy some of the best fall colors in the state, head to the Winona area, where you’ll find Great River Bluffs State Park.
- Lanesboro Minnesota and the Root River Trail is easily one of the most scenic destinations in Minnesota, and it also happens to be the Bed and Breakfast capital of the state. It’s a delightful town full of historic charm and unbeatable scenery.
Get Cozy at a Minnesota Bed and Breakfast
While the fall colors are simply magical, another favorite part of fall is the chance to stay at your favorite Bed and Breakfast. With a wide variety of properties to choose from, Minnesota is home to a delightful collection of Inns and some of the best hospitality in the world. Our Innkeepers know exactly where to find the best colors, and will help you make the most out of a fall getaway, no matter where you plan to visit. Book your fall getaway to a Minnesota Bed and Breakfast today.