The Duluth Playhouse is one of our favorite venues, and is someplace we love to send guests when they’re in town. While there’s still plenty to do outside in Duluth this fall, it’s always nice to have a plan for those rainy, and eventually, snowy days that are certain to come. It’s easy to be misled but the often rugged reputation of a town like Duluth.
Though there are some really fun, yet rugged activities to do here–like mountain biking, skiing, hiking, and rock climbing, to name a few, there are just as many ways to enjoy a refined and culture activity. In fact, the performing arts community of Duluth is anything but ordinary, and one backbone of this incredible community is the Duluth Playhouse. Check out their performances, pick up some tickets for the upcoming season, and then book your room at the luxurious A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast in Duluth.
Get Your Tickets to the Duluth Playhouse Today
The Duluth Playhouse is comprised of three stages; the NorShor Theatre, the Underground Theatre, and the Playhouse Family Theatre. This incredible Playhouse first opened its doors in 1914 and is one of the country’s oldest community theaters. The season at the recently renovated NorShore Theatre is filled with dramas, comedies, and musicals, while the other two stages have their own seasons of wonderful shows and features. More than 40,000 people join the Duluth Playhouse each season, coming from all over the world. The 2019-2020 season at the Duluth Playhouse promises to be exceptional and will balance out your next trip to Duluth perfectly.
The 2019 – 2020 season at the Duluth Playhouse includes the following:
- Smokey Joe’s Café: September 19-29
- Concert Series #1: November 1-3, 2019
- The Wizard of Oz: December 5-22
- Steel Magnolias: January 30-February 9
- Concert Series #2: February 14
- Monty Python’s Spamalot: March 19-April 5
- The Mousetrap: May 7-17
- The Who’s Tommy: July 9-26
- Dracula: October 3-19
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show: October 30 – November 2
- The Santaland Diaries: December 12-14
- The 15th Annual Short Shorts Film Festival: January 18
- The Arsonists: February 20-29
- The 4th Annual What She Said Festival: March 26-28
- Macbeth: The Dinner Party: April 16-25
- Around the World in 80 Days: May 28-June 6
- The Wild Party: August 6-22
- Treasure Island: October 25-November 3
- Disney’s Frozen JR: January 10-19
- Roald Dahl’s Matilda: March 5-15
- A Year with Frog and Toad: May 15-24
- James and the Giant Peach JR (Junior Intensive 2020): June 26-28
- The Tempest & Disney’s Mary Poppins JR (Teen Intensive 2020): July 30-August 9
End Your Evening at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast
Our luxury Bed and Breakfast is located in the historic Congdon Mansion District, and just minutes from many of the top attractions in Duluth, including the Duluth Playhouse. Experience the welcoming ambiance, high-end amenities, and luxury accommodations of the A.G. Thomson House in Duluth. Book your room today!