Minnesota’s summers are spectacular, and we’re never really ready to say goodbye to our busiest and most adventurous season. That being said, there is something very special about fall in Minnesota, when the fiery hues of autumn sweep down from north to south, setting the hills awash in color. Whether you enjoy taking scenic drives, hiking directly into the natural world, or otherwise marveling at Mother Nature’s annual show, the place to enjoy it all is our Duluth Bed and Breakfast. Fall colors are coming to Duluth soon, and now’s the time to plan your trip. The luxurious accommodations at the A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast are just the ticket. Book your room with us today!
View Duluth’s Best Fall Colors in 2019
In order for Duluth’s fall colors to put their dazzling annual show, we need to wait for the perfect combination of warm sunny days and crisp, cool nights. The fall colors in Duluth typically start in late-September and last all the way through the end of October, with the peak timing usually coming around early-mid October. Keep an eye on North Shore Fall Colors Report, as you find the best places to seek out the fall colors. You don’t need to stray outside our beautifully manicured 2-acres of the garden, but when you want to see the best of Duluth’s fall colors, here are some ideas on where to go:
- Take a scenic drive along Skyline Parkway, or better yet the North Shore Scenic Drive.
- Take a walk along Duluth’s scenic Lakewalk, enjoying the contrast between the blues of Lake Superior, and the fiery hues beyond.
- Head up to the top of Enger Tower, where you’ll find great views of Duluth and a spectacular place to steal a kiss from your loved one.
- Ride the chairlift to the top of Spirit Mountain. From there, you can take a hike, or mountain bike your way down the hill if you’re feeling up for it. If not, a chairlift will bring you back down, too.
- Take a ride on the North Shore Scenic Railroad, and easy and scenic way to spend an afternoon.
- Tour Glensheen Mansion and its spectacular gardens
- Take a harvest dinner cruise, or one of their other great fall-themed boat tours, aboard Vista Fleet.
Luxury Guest Rooms at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast
The A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast offer 7 luxuriously appointed guest rooms to choose from, each with a selection of the finest modern amenities available. Each offers either a king or queen bed, fireplaces, luxurious linens, some with lake views, and all but one feature a 2-person whirlpool tub. Each morning, you’ll start your day off with our delicious, made-from-scratch breakfast, which can be modified to fit most dietary requirements. We also offer in-room massages, and a variety of other enhancements, each designed with your comfort and relaxation in mind. This fall, come see the spectacular colors along the shores of Lake Superior. Book a room at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast today.