Duluth is a small city on Lake Superior. An active port, it is large enough to have all of the facilities but small enough to still count as a getaway. It is also the gateway to Minnesota’s wonderful North Shore with many fun activities, and a starting point for northern road trips including the famous drive around Lake Superior. All of that and more is at your fingertips when you stay with the AG Thomson House Bed and Breakfast in Duluth for at least part of your summer vacation this year.
The Best Summer Vacation Includes Duluth
- The weather. Typical summers in Duluth offer mild temperatures even in August, with highs in the low seventies and lows just below sixty. Although it does rain, there are plenty of places to get away from it.
- There is plenty to do. Go down to the docks and you can watch the giant ore freighters come through the aerial lift bridge. Check out the Lake Superior Maritime Visitor Center and also the Railroad Museum. Or walk out to Park Point to enjoy some nature. You can drive or take the train up the north shore. There are also a number of amazing local breweries and brewpubs to check out.
- There are plenty of places to eat. Some of the smaller towns on the North Shore may have only one or two places to eat. Duluth has numerous great pubs, decent Chinese, and a variety of other ethnic restaurants. There’s something for everyone.
- Duluth has culture. Duluth has multiple theater companies, a symphony orchestra, a ballet company, even a planetarium. The North Shore can seem very isolated, but Duluth brings civilization without having to leave all of that nature. It even has a small, but active filmmaking community and an annual film festival.
- The North Shore is right there. All you have to do is drive north out of the city and you’re in one of the Midwest’s greatest playgrounds. The North Shore has opportunities for just about every outdoor activity there is – you can backpack, camp, hike, bike, fish, canoe, golf or observe wildlife. There are four golf courses. Oh, and check out the beautiful waterfalls, some of which are right off the road.
- There is great accommodation. The North Shore, in general, has a great selection of bed and breakfasts and small hotels. Check out A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast, which has won two TripAdvisor Travelers Choice Awards. It’s right in the mansion district with its own gardens and all of the amenities. Being on the north side of the city, it has easy access for the road north.
If you are thinking of summer vacation, consider the North Shore and consider A G Thomson House. There is something for everyone. Book your stay at the AG Thomson House Bed and Breakfast in Duluth today!