It’s hard to believe that we’re already talking about the last days of summer. Soon enough, will be talking about all of the incredible opportunities there are in Duluth each fall. Before we get to that point, though, let’s talk about soaking up these last incredible days of summer in the amazing city of Duluth. Right now, in celebration of our 10-year anniversary of Innkeepers at the incredible A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast, we’d like to offer guests staying with us in August, 2017 a Midweek “Dinner on Us” Special. We’re doing our part to get you here; now you just need to book your room at our luxury Inn, and start creating the itinerary of a lifetime. Duluth is waiting!
Final Days of Summer in Duluth
Taking advantage of our Midweek Special is pretty simple; book any single of multi-night stay from Monday – Wednesday of any given week in August, and we’ll give you a $50 gift certificate to the Black Woods Grill & Bar; an incredible restaurant with the best locally-sourced food around. From there, your journey to Duluth is just beginning. Here are just a few of our favorite ways to soak up the final rays of summer sun:
- Take a craft brewery tour with our friends at the Duluth Experience.
- Paddle around the waterways of Duluth with our friends at the Duluth Experience. Their Wednesday Night Paddle is our favorite option, because it will end in front of the magnificent Glensheen Mansion for a one-of-a-kind experience.
- Go hiking or mountain biking on portions of the Superior Hiking Trail, or any of the other many trails in the area.
- Enjoy a delicious dinner at our favorite Duluth establishments, beyond the delicious Black Woods Grill & Bar. They include Va Bene Berarducci’s Caffe, New Scenic Café, the revolving restaurant JJ Astors, and The Blind Pig.
- Visit Duluth’s secret Speakeasy, Rathskeller. It’s operated by the same owners as The Blind Pig, and is a fascinating adventure into what used be the city’s old prison.
- Enjoy a delicious craft beer while listening to live music. There’s plenty of nightlife happening in and around Duluth. The most comprehensive and up-to-date source for information is Twin Ports Nightlife.
- Pack a picnic and head to Duluth’s Park Point Recreation Area, located on the sand spit separating Lake Superior from Superior Bay.
- Visit the incredible Split Rock Lighthouse.
- Take a sightseeing cruise around Lake Superior.
Before you can enjoy any of these incredible adventures in Duluth, you need to get here first. That’s where we come in. Book your room at the luxury A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast. Our award-winning accommodations and world-class hospitality are here to serve you. We can’t wait to see you as we wrap up another incredible summer in Duluth!