School’s out, summer has officially begun, and the 4th of the July is just around the corner. Are you looking for an adventure, and seeking the best summer attractions in Minnesota? As the temperatures rise, it’s time to escape to Duluth; Minnesota’s mecca for outdoor enthusiasts. Though it may seem as though you have an endless summer stretching out ahead of you, it’s always shocking at the end of the season how fast time has actually gone by. Don’t let summer pass you up! Make plans for a getaway to Duluth, and explore all of the wonderful things we have to offer. From the simple to the extreme, there are a variety of summer attractions that will keep you moving in Duluth. Once you’ve decided what you’re going to do, book a room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast. There are no finer accommodations in all of Minnesota than the luxurious A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast.
The Best Summer Attractions
There’s so much to do in Duluth that you can’t possibly fit it into a single summer. From hiking, biking, and rock climbing, to boating, shopping, and brewery hopping, there’s so much here. You might just have to make it an annual getaway! As you build you itinerary this summer, here are a few of Duluth’s most popular summer attractions to get you started:
- Walk or bike along Duluth’s Lakewalk, a scenic trail offering scenic vistas of Lake Superior, and easy access to downtown Duluth.
- The landmark Aerial Lift Bridge, which is one of the most photographed places in all of Duluth. You can walk across it, or just watch the boats travel under it.
- Go hiking! There really are incredible trails in the area, many of which connect to the downtown area. A few suggestions include the Superior Hiking Trail, the trails at Hartley Nature Center, and the trail to Ely’s Peak/DWP Tunnel.
- Take in the views from the top of Enger Tower.
- Spend a relaxing day in the sun at Park Point, one of the largest freshwater sand bars in the world
- Ride the train, and take in the North Shore’s incredible beauty. The Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad offers a historical perspective as it travels along the St. Louis River Estuary, while the North Shore Scenic Railroad offers beautiful views of Lake Superior.
- If you’d rather go at your own pace, the Scenic North Shore Drive is one of the most popular drives in the state.
- Visit the Split Rock Lighthouse
- Hop around from Brewery to Brewery, enjoying the delicious craft brews of Duluth. There are a variety of brewery tours you can take as well.
- Get out on the water with the Vista Fleet Boat Tour.
- For a little more adventure on the water, try a Kayak tour with Duluth Experience
- Enjoy the scenery from the top of Spirit Mountain. During the summer months, you can ride the chair lift to the top. They also have an adventure park that’s fun for all ages, and plenty of hiking as well.
There’s so much more once you get here, too, and our Innkeepers are here to help. Come stay at the A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast, and get ready for an adventure.