Winter’s in Duluth are notoriously cold, and oftentimes uncomfortable if you’re out in the elements for too long. If you’re into sporty adventures, then Duluth is one of the best winter playgrounds in the MidWest. But, for those of us that like to hibernate during these cold winter months, it can sometimes feel like a interminably long wait for the return of spring. Despite the cold, we think there are plenty of reasons to join us for a mini winter getaway at the A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast. Winter isn’t leaving us anytime soon. Bundle up and book your room at our luxurious Duluth Bed and Breakfast today!
A Winter Getaway in Duluth
You might be wondering what it is about Duluth that makes it such a great winter getaway destination. Sure. There are an abundance of winter sports to keep you busy. From downhill skiing and snowboarding and cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, to dog-sledding, hocking, and curling, Duluth has it all. Beyond that, you’ll find that Duluth is a fascinating, vibrant city teeming with its own unique mix of culture, and plenty of welcoming indoor spaces to lay claim to. Here are a few of our favorites:
- With a permanent collection of over 7,000 pieces, the Tweed Museum of Art is a treasure-trove of art, representing a variety of cultures and periods of art history.
- The Duluth Playhouse enriches the cold, dark winter nights with a year-round schedule of extraordinary live performances.
- Step out of the cold and watch a live glass-blowing demonstration at Lake Superior Art Glass.
- Downtown Duluth is perfect for avid shoppers. Plenty of unique, locally-owned shops line the streets of downtown. The upscale DeWitt-Seitz Marketplace in Canal Park is a popular destination for shoppers.
- Sample the fantastic craft brews around Duluth with a craft brewery tour through Duluth Experience. If you’d rather explore on your own, you can’t go wrong at Fitgers Brewhouse, but Bent-Paddle Brewing isn’t bad, either.
- Overlooking Duluth’s Aerial Lift Bridge, you’ll find a restaurant considered a landmark by many in Duluth. Grandma’s Saloon & Grill, commonly known as Grandma’s Restaurant, has been serving customers since 1976, and is a must-visit while you’re in town.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner and expansive views of downtown Duluth and Lake Superior at the rotating JJ Astor Restaurant, which serves local produce and fresh catches from area fishermen.
- Tour the stunning Glensheen Mansion, which offers a rare and intact view of what early 20th-century life was like for one of Minnesota’s most wealthy and influential families.
- Take in a hockey game at the Duluth Heritage Sports Center.
- Relax and unwind in the luxurious accommodations at the A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast
From the moment your getaway begins at our Bed and Breakfast, you’ll enjoy Duluth’s mix of rugged charm and sophistication. Melt away your worries over a glass of wine, or relax as you delve into a new book as you sip your afternoon tea or coffee. No matter what it is you’re looking for, Duluth has something exciting in store for you. Book your getaway at our top-rated Minnesota Bed and Breakfast today.