Outdoors lovers in the know flock to Duluth throughout the year. It’s truly a 4-season destination, with plenty to see and do no matter what is happening with the weather. Ski season is open and off to a great start already, but there’s much more to do in Duluth than meets the eye. With so many exciting ways to play, a variety of great museums, a vibrant arts scene, plenty of historic attractions, and an exquisite food scene, it’s no wonder Duluth is such a popular winter destination. Come stay at the luxurious A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast in Duluth, and discover the myriad of ways to stay warm and dry this winter.
Duluth in the Winter
It’s easy to talk about the many outdoor activities you’ll find in Duluth this winter. From downhill skiing and snowboarding, cross country skiing, and ice skating, to fat tire biking, ice fishing, and snowmobiling, you can have endless fun in the snow. But what if you don’t enjoy being outside, getting cold and wet? Don’t fret; there’s plenty for you here, too. Here are our favorite ways to stay warm and dry while in Duluth during the cold winter months:
- The Tweed Museum of Art is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth. The art museum features a permanent collection of over 9,000 art objects representing a range of cultures and periods of art history, in addition to a wonderful range of traveling exhibitions.
- Catch a show at the Duluth Playhouse, one of the country’s oldest community theaters.
- Enjoy a night out at the Fond-du-Luth Casino. The casino, located in the heart of downtown Duluth, is owned and operated by the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Go stargazing at the Marshall W. Alworth Planetarium.
- The Minnesota Ballet puts on exquisite performances throughout the year. It’s well worth the effort in planning to catch one of their performances when you’re in town.
- The Renegade Theater Company is one of the Northland’s premiere professional theatrical companies, and has produced over 150 productions throughout the area. You can enjoy their shows at the Teatro Zuccone.
- Take a tour of the stunning Glensheen Mansion.
- Browse the history at Fitger’s Brewing Complex, before relaxing and grabbing a beer at Fitger’s Brewhouse.
- Hop on a tour, then savour a unique, locally distilled cocktail at Vikre Distillery.
- Enjoy a craft beer and live music at one of the venues around town.
Whether you choose to take part in the incredible outdoor activities in Duluth this winter, or whether you’d rather stay warm and dry in the town’s incredible museums, shops, and restaurants, nothing beats a winter getaway to the stunning A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast in Duluth. Our Inn is conveniently located near downtown Duluth’s most popular attractions. Book your stay the A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast today, and discover what’s waiting for you in Duluth.