Once again, we’re deep into the crisp months of fall, the stunning display of fall color is over, and we find it hard to believe that winter is just around the corner. It won’t be too much longer now before the cold winds, snow, and ice are upon us. That being said, there’s still plenty of fun to experience in the exciting port town of Duluth in the coming months. In fact, now that the summer and fall crowds are gone, now is a great time to experience the true spirit of this adventurous town. With stunning natural beauty, some of Minnesota’s finest breweries and craft beer, excellent shopping and restaurants, and a never-ending array of outdoor activities, Duluth is a spectacular place to spend a few days, and we’d love to help you enjoy it. Book your room at the A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast today, and experience the luxury that can only be found in Duluth.
Discover Duluth’s Breweries
If you’re at all aware of the craft beer craze that has been growing in popularity across the country, then you’re probably already aware of the incredible beer culture in Duluth. In fact, Duluth, known as the craft brew capital of Minnesota, has a long and storied relationship with beer. Today, this history is evident in the many micro breweries and brewpups around town, each of which keep us well supplied with interesting and unique flavors throughout the year. True beer afficionados will want to taste and sample their way through the many breweries listed on Duluth’s official Beer Trail. For the rest of you, there are several fantastic breweries that just shouldn’t be missed. Here are our favorites:
- Fitgers Brewhouse. If there’s one brewery in Duluth not to miss, it’s this one. Fitger’s is a staple in Duluth, and, with a storied history, is the oldest of Duluth’s breweries.
- Bent Paddle Brewing. As one of the newest breweries in Duluth, Bent Paddle Brewing is immensely popular with locals and tourists alike.
- Lake Superior Brewing Company. As Lake Superior’s oldest microbrewery, you won’t want to miss the incredible craft beers found here.
- Canal Park Brewery. If you want to enjoy a beer you won’t forget, this is the place to do it. The views over Lake Superior are just as wonderful, if not better, than the brews.
Beer-lovers don’t have to stop at grabbing a brew at their favorite watering hole. Touring local breweries is a fun way to spend an afternoon in Duluth, and there are a lot of options. In fact, with such a busy scene these days, a tour might just be the best way to make the most of your time. Here are our favorite local experiences:
- The Duluth Experience. With 5 tour options to choose from, you’ll gain incredible behind-the-scenes access to the breweries, and enjoy tastings of craft beers and wonderful local meal along the way.
- North Shore Brewery Tour. This expansive tour features more than 25 craft beer tastings, and exclusive access to at least 6 different micro breweries on the North Shore.
Though a visit to Duluth’s best breweries is a good a reason as any to come to the North Shore of Lake Superior, there are so many other wonderful activities to enjoy once here. Book your room at the A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast this fall, and let us help you plan an unforgettable vacation in our adventurous city. We look forward to your stay!