Labor Day is almost here, which means it’s time to plan your last great summer getaway. Whether it’s adventure or relaxation you’re after, there’s no town in Minnesota better than Duluth. Before you know it, another winter will settle on us here in the North. Enjoy these last days of summer boating on the water with a harbor cruise, charter fishing, sailing, kayaking or stand-up paddle board. Afterwards, relax at our award-winning Bed and Breakfast, the A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast, which is ideally located minutes from downtown, Canal Park, and a wonderful variety of local restaurants and shops in beautiful Duluth. The elegance and warm hospitality of our Inn can’t be beat. Book your room today, and experience firsthand why we are rated Trip Advisor’s #1 Bed and Breakfast in the country.
Boating on Duluth’s Lake Superior
Duluth’s Lake Superior coastline is a stunning, magical place. These sparkling blue waters hold a special place in the hearts of many here in Duluth. Though the tall ships just left for the year, there are still plenty of ways to enjoy a relaxing day on the water. No matter your level of boating experience, there’s something here for you. Here are a few ideas to start with:
Charter Fishing & Sailing
There are several companies that offer charter fishing and sailing excursions in the Duluth area.
- Action Sportfishing Charters is the largest charter company in Duluth, and has been in operation since 1982. They offer full or half day fishing trips for trout, salmon, walleyes, and muskies.
- Duluthsportfishing.com also offers chartered fishing trips, as well as harbor cruises and sightseeing tours.
- Amicus Adventure Sailing also offers sailboat cruises aboard their beautiful 40′ sailboat. They offer Day, evening, and moonlight sails. Guests at the A.G. Thomson House Bed and Breakfast can book a day or evening sail at the time of booking. Take a look at the many wonderful packages we offer.
Wednesday Sailing Races
If you enjoy boating but don’t want to be out on the water yourself, then you may enjoy watching the Wednesday evening Sailing Races happening in Duluth’s harbor. These Wednesday night races are sponsored by the Duluth Keel Club. In fact, one of the best places to watch these races is from the historic Fitgers, which also happens to be one of the top places to enjoy a craft beer in Duluth. The races are scheduled to run through September 14th.
Dragon Boat Festival
The 14th annual Dragon Boat Festival will hit the waters of Lake Superior starting August 26th. Dragon boating is one of the fastest growing water sports in the world, and also happens to be a lot of fun. Duluth’s Dragon boat races take place at Barker’s island. The festival also offers plenty of entertainment and a craft fair worthy of exploration.
Sightseeing & Dinner Cruises
- Vista Fleet offers an incredible boating experience for those who want to sit back and relax throughout their journey. Choose from their dinner or sightseeing cruises, and get ready for the experience of a lifetime.
- Duluth Experience Kayak Tours are an unforgettable way to explore Duluth’s beautiful waterways. They offer a variety of experiences, from adventuring on Lake Superior to navigating the St. Louis River Estuary. You can book a kayak package with this company directly at our website as you book your room at the A.G. Thomson House.
- Day Tripper of Duluth’s Paddle & Pint or Standup Paddle Boarding tours can also be booked in conjunction with your stay at our Inn.
There’s no better place to be this summer than Duluth, Minnesota. Wrap up your final days of summer with an exciting boating adventure on beautiful Lake Superior. Afterwards, sink into the luxurious accommodations at the country’s top-rated Bed and Breakfast, A.G. Thomson House. To get started, book your getaway at our Duluth Inn today.