Afton Strawberry Festival And Marketplace
Saturday June 27 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and Sunday June 28 (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Afton Town Square Park
Everyone knows that the charming town of Afton is a delightful destination in the summer. And this is especially true during Afton Strawberry Festival and Marketplace! Returning for its third year, this free, outdoor event features unique art and shopping, fun activities for kids and of course plenty of fresh, tasty strawberries. The event is proudly hosted by the Afton Area Business Association.
Afton Strawberry Festival and Marketplace will fill Town Square Park and wind through the business district. Over sixty vendor booths will showcase a blend of artwork, jewelry, vintage treasures, repurposed finds, home goods and more. Other event highlights include:
– Strawberry Shortcake Eating Contest, Sat. at noon. Register at the activity tent. Great prizes!
– Afton Apple Strawberry Station – enjoy fresh strawberries by the pint and Afton Apple’s other popular strawberry treats such as fritters, shortcake and more!
– U of M Raptor Demonstration
– Demonstrations by Washington County K-9 and LSCV Fire Dept.
– Kids “Spin Art” Wheel provided by Franconia Sculpture Park
– Afton/Lakeland Student Artwork Display
And what outdoor festival is complete without live music? The park’s outdoor stage will welcome folk/bluegrass performers each day:
– Saturday, 10 am to 1:30 p.m. Mark Keating (folk/acoustic)
– Saturday, 2 to 5 p.m. Katy Vernon & Collins (folk/Americana)
– Sunday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Amy & Adams (folk/bluegrass/jazz)
Sponsors for Afton Strawberry Festival include Renewal By Andersen, Xcel Energy, Hudson County Market, Afton Apple, Pioneer Press, Rivertown Printing and Woodbury Bulletin. Please support our loyal sponsors when you have the opportunity.