36th Annual Afton Art in the Park
Sept. 27 and 28, 2014
For Immediate Release: The Afton Area Business Association is pleased to present the 36th annual Afton Art in the Park, September 27 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and 28 (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.), 20113. The event takes place in the Afton Town Square park, located in the charming St. Croix river town of Aton, MN.
Art in the Park began as a small art fair in 1979, hosted by the Riverfront Artisans group, a group of local artists. Over the years, it has grown into an event that attracts thousands of visitors and includes artists from across the country. With its quaint and picturesque river setting, Art in the Park is a favorite annual tradition for many area residents.
This 2-day, outdoor fine arts and traditional craft fair includes over 90 vendors showcasing fine arts, pottery, woodwork, jewelry, photography, sculpture, fiber and more.
The event also features:
– A great selection of food including roasted sweet corn, gyros, stir fry, pulled pork sandwiches and more.
– A Children’s Art Pavilion, sponsored by New Horizon Academy, with free activities including the Franconia spin art wheel and fall foliage inspired crafts.
– A “Pets in the Park” rest area for our four-legged guests, provided by Pet Evolution of Woodbury.
– Complimentary bike parking, provided by Stillwater Medical Group, located at the event entrance. Guests are encouraged to “walk, run or roll” to the event.
– A small business fair located along the main street in town
– A Leinenkugel’s beer garden located in front of the Afton House, with live acoustic music, food and beverages
– Live folk/jazz music from the park band shell both days (Saturday – Patchouli from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and Amy and Adams from 1-4pm and Sunday — Patchouli from noon to 4 pm).
– Artists awards (vendors choice and people’s choice) announced Sunday at approximately 3:30 pm
Plus the town of Afton is home to many unique shops and restaurants, which are open for business during the event.
Sponsors of Afton Art in the Park include: Audi St. Paul, Pernod Ricard, New Horizon Academy, Xcel Energy, Kitchens of Stillwater, Renewal by Andersen, Health Partners Stillwater, Afton Care Senior Homes, Pet Evolution, Excel Lifeforce Martial Arts, BrightStar Care, My Pillow, Envy Skin Clinic, Leinenkugel’s Oktoberfest, Tetzlaff Yacht Sales, First State Bank and Trust, Freedom Value Centers, Village Wine and Spirits and Sam’s Club Woodbury.
Directions to Afton, MN: From St. Paul, travel 12 miles east on Highway 94. Take the St. Croix Trail exit and travel 4 miles south to the town of Afton, MN.